Thursday, July 12, 2012

NO MORE BIG BOX FOR MY COOKIE CUTTER

Okay, so my first home/starter home is as cookie cutter as a cookie cutter.  I mean absolutely no character.  Not unless you count the maybe 8 ft of chair rail in the kitchen eating area.  But that’s it.  Honestly, we did personalize this space as much as we could in the seven years that we’ve been here.
 
Now design wise, I have truly grown.  I tend to now fancy pieces that give a space character and depth as well as houses with some great architectural details.  I now know the importance of scale and function.  I have definitely moved past the matchy, matchy furniture phase from big chain stores.  Yet and still it’s not realistic at this point to replace it all at once.  So, I guess this means that I’ll have to do one room at a time starting with..........

MY OFFICE! (That's so odd, I thought I heard angels singing?)

Isn't it sad.....lol!

 
This one also.

My creative juices were swooning long before I started this blog. It just so happens that my unemployment status since February 2012, gave me the “time” to explore them.  So now that I am happily immersed in Blogland; a fresh workspace will certainly boost and possibly enhance my creative flow.  I'll be sure to update you with my progress. 

Until tomorrow……

D Leigh Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment